May 30th was the annual CF Great Strides Walk. This year we weren’t really into getting a team together and asking people for money, I think mostly because we were so busy and we had originally planned on being out of town that weekend. Anyway, we were in town so Samantha, Curtis and I participated in the walk. My friend Shasta even came from Mountain Home to walk with us. It’s always fun to see her! The CF walk has always been at Veteran’s Memorial Park in Boise. They have a great walking path that is about 1 ½ miles (which is funny because the walk is advertised as being a 5 K…but I don’t mind that it’s shorter) It’s fun walking next to the Boise River and enjoying the beauties of nature. (the only not so fun thing is that the cotton from the cotton trees that is flying ever where and aggravating my allergies a lot….hmm, maybe that is why it’s shorter)
After the walk there is food and a raffle w/prizes. This year they had some pretty awesome prizes to give away (a kitchen aid mixer, BSU tickets and other memorabilia, gift certificates, collectible dolls and more). We contributed around $10 and won a gift bag that had gardening supplies in it. Can’t wait until next year’s walk...I’m hoping to at least get more people to come and walk with us. Like they say at the walk: Let’s make CF stand for Cure Found!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had so much fun reading your updates! It is hard to catch up on the blogging sometimes. I need to be better about it. I am glad to hear that life is going well!!
Post a Comment