Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weekend get-away at SLC

After a very busy summer, Curtis and I were able to finally find a weekend to get away together. To save on money, we decided to go and visit his sister Heather and use her “guest suite” over Labor Day weekend. While we were there we had fun visiting, watching college football, and playing with our nephews. When we first got there Spencer saw me and said “Curtis?” and started looking around for his uncle. Uncle Curtis and Spencer were buddies most of the weekend playing with blocks, spelling words, rolling cars and balls down a long tube, and playing horsey. I did play with Spencer some, but most of my time I was playing with Matthew. All I had to do was look at him and say “hello handsome” and he would light up with a huge smile. I love it!!

playing with the tube

Spencer tried to give Uncle Curtis a horsey ride,
then ran away laughing!

non-stop laughter

the horsey and his boy

snuggling w/Uncle Curtis

5 months old

Spencer has such strong muscles!!

Watching Aunt Sara doing morning treatments....
not really sure what to think about it...

a future missionary....so handsome!!

While we were in SLC, we went and visited my CF Camp Grandma, Carol Wood. My earliest memories of Carol were when she came up to Boise with the CF doctors from Salt Lake when I was around 6 yrs old. When I started to go to CF camp when I was 11, she was there too. Carol would stay up all night with us playing games and she participated in all of the other various activities that we had. Carol had a way to make every CFer feel important and loved. They no longer do CF camp, so I don’t get to see her as much. I think the last time I saw her was about 8 yrs ago when I was at a funeral for one of my CF camp friends. Even though I don’t see Carol much, she still sends me a card at Christmas, and other important events in my life. I was so excited to go and visit her and for her to met Curtis.

We went to Carol’s Sunday night and visited with her for about 2 hrs. It was fun catching up on how she and other CF camp people are doing and reminiscing about the fun times we had at camp. Carol loved getting to know Curtis and instantly loved him. I wish we would have been able to spend more time with her, but I know I can call, write letters, and stop by and visit her when I’m down in the SLC area.

Carol Wood & I

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can hardly wait to have my turn at spoiling two boys! Love these pictures.