This year my Grandma Myers called and asked if we wanted any sweet corn that my uncle grew on the farm for the family. I was soooo excited! Before my Grandpa Myers passed way and he did all the farming, he planted sweet corn for the family every year. Since his passing, we haven’t had any sweet corn from the farm. Sweet corn is sooo yummy and it’s also great frozen. So Curtis and I went out to New Plymouth on Aug. 17th and Grandma took us to the field and helped us pick about 100 ears of corn. On Aug. 18th, Curtis’ Dad & brother Tim came over so that we could have a “corn party”. I had the men shucking the corn and I boiled it and cooled it. Then we cut it off the cob, measured it and put it into bags so that we could freeze it. It took us about 2 hrs from start to finish. We cooked about 93 ears of corn and got 33 bags that had about 1 ½ cups of corn in them. I know that I’m not in any of the pictures, only because I was the one taking them and was the boss of the whole operation. Thanks Chuck, Tim, and Curtis for all your help! I can’t wait to eat yummy corn all winter!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This was really yummy corn! Glad to see you were able to get the men to work for you.
Post a Comment