Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brenda's Graduation

For the last year Brenda would constantly remind me that she was a senior now and that she was going to graduate from High School. For those of you who know Brenda, this is nothing new. She always reminds me how old she is going to be at her next birthday, tells me that any food we are talking about is her "favorite food" and that anyone that she talks to at school, church or out in the community is her "best friend". (We usually have the same conversation over and over again, it gets old sometimes but I still love her) With the constant reminder that she was a senior, I've still been hoping that this day would not come (for at least another year or too.....because that means that I'm getting older!) We finally got Brenda's senior pictures done the beginning of May. We had my parent's neighbor and our friend Jolyn take Brenda's pictures because she new how to deal with Brenda. Brenda likes getting her pictures taken, but it's usually in the pose that she wants and she also has a very short attention span. Jolyn did an awesome job with her pictures! Here are some of my favorite ones:


Brenda's graduation was on May 28 at the Idaho Center. She was soooo excited about it, although I think she was more excited that we were going to have a party afterwards for her than she was about the actual graduation. Anyway, I was worried that she would have a hard time sitting through the graduation ceremony....in a way she did. She knew where we were sitting and about every 5 min. she would look up to us and start waving her hands above her head at us. It was really cute. After she walked across the stage she got to walk through a line of teachers who were there to congratulate the graduates, which she was very excited about because she loves giving hugs...I think that she hugged at least 1/2 of the teachers. When the students went to move their tassels, Brenda knew that right after that they got to throw their hats...so she took her hat off early and waited patiently for the chance to throw her hat. I loved it!
After the graduation ceremony was over and we got a few pictures we all headed to our house to have a BBQ for Brenda. Grandma & Grandpa Ward came as well as our cousin Mary and her 3 kids. My friend Crystal also came over (who is really good with Brenda and is her "best friend") Overall it was a fun night, especially for Brenda!!! Here are some of the pictures from the night...sorry about them being in random order.
Congrats Brenda! I love you!!!

Dad, Curtis and I during the ceremony

All smiles!

Some of the party decorations at our house

Very cute picture of Brenda & Nicole

"I'm SO happy!!!"
Brenda with Grandma Myers
(Grandma had another graduation to attend right after Brenda's for our cousin Kody. Lucky for Grandma it was also at the Idaho Center...unfortunately it made for a long day there...but she made it to both of them. Sorry we missed your graduation Kody! Congrats to you too!!!)

"I'm all graduated now!"

The proud Dad
Sam made this AWESOME cake for Brenda!

Family picture after our BBQ with our cousin Mary and her 3 kidos.

1 comment:

RxMommy said...

Wow, that cake looks awesome. You are such a good older sister for Brenda to look up to. I am sure she was glad to graduate because she can be more like you.