I am going to try and work on that over the next few days! I promise!!! Honestly the biggest reason it's not updated is because I like to have pictures with what I'm talking about. The last 8 months have been quiet busy for me....5 hospital visits (or about 72 days...if you were counting), family birthdays, holidays, 2 lung collapses, Sam's wedding, going through the process of getting on the lung transplant list...ok, you get the picture. I have some cool pictures from when my lung collapsed the first time (well, not cool having it or dealing with the pain...but if you are interested in how the body works & are a visual person, then you might think it's cool). They have been on my cell phone & just this week learned how to transfer them from my phone to the computer so that I could save them & post them on my blog. I do want to go into some detail about everything that I have been through. It's been a crazy roller coaster for us this past year. It has been hard, but we know that the Lord's hand has been through it all! We have NEVER been alone through all of this! Through all the pain & ups & downs of trying to figure out what we need to do to help me, we have had love & support from our family, friends, doctors, nurses, RT's, hospital staff, strangers, & our Heavenly Father! We have had soooo many tender mercies & miracles & I want to make sure that I document them while I remember them.
Here is a brief update of what's going on with the transplant right now: Curtis & I are attending the Lung Transplant Education class tomorrow (April 19th). We will also be finishing up the last bit of paperwork that we need to do. After that is done we have been told that I will be on the lung transplant list here in Seattle & that I will be high on the list. We do not know when I will get my transplant...it could be w/in a couple of weeks or it could be months. I'm now living in the Seattle area so that when I get the call for my new lungs, I will be there as soon as I can.
So in the meantime....please keep me in your prayers! You can also help by Walking &/or Donating to the 2012 Boise CF Great Strides Walk that will be held on June 2nd. Join my team "Laughter is the Best Medicine" & help raise money (if you can...donations are not required to walk). Go to this link here to help!!!
Thank You!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment