5 yrs later our journey looks like:What an amazing 5 yrs it has been for us!!! Who knew 5 yrs ago what kind of experiences we would have so far together. I think that both of us had a different vision of where our journey would take us. Thankfully we have a loving Father in Heaven who knows us and the kind of trials and experiences that we would need to help us learn and grow individually and together as a family.
Some of our experiences together have been:
-Both of us finishing up college & becoming licensed in our field of study
-Curtis being able to keep his job through the MANY lay-offs that have happened
-Curtis learning how to deal with 12 & 13 yr old boys as Assistant Scout Master and now as Scout Master
-Hundreds of doctor appointments, pharmacy runs, and lab tests (99.9% of them have been for me)
-Several surgeries, procedures, and overnight hospital visits
-Getting use to taking medical equipment with us where ever we go
-Having a friend live with us for 2 months, my brother live with us for 1 yr, and now my sister living with us for 2+ yrs
-Finally having a successful garden (after several different attempts)
-Being a part of an "empty nesters" FHE group once a month and becoming friends with many people in our Ward
-Serving others and also learning to accept and allow others to be blessed as they provide service to us
-Spending time watching movies, playing games, and reading fiction books together
-Having fun babysitting and doing fun things with other family & friends kids (and then later sending them back to their parents...)
-Learning what is truly important in life...love and family relationships
The list could go on and on....
Through all of our experiences in the last 5 yrs we have grown closer to each other, our faith and testimonies have been strengthened, and we have learned to accept Heavenly Father's plan for us. Yes, there are days that are hard and we may get frustrated that our life isn't exactly how we had pictured it would be right now...but we LOVE our life and we wouldn't want it any other way.
Thank you Curtis for all of the love and support that you give to me each day. I wish that I could put into words exactly just how much you mean to me and how much I love you...but I don't think that anything means more than these simple words: "Thank You" and "I Love You!" I'm so thankful that you are my BEST FRIEND and that I'm married to you for Time and ALL Eternity. I'm excited to see where our journey takes us over the next 5, 10, 20+ years.
Happy 5th Anniversary!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:
Happy anniversary guys! I loved reading that. :)
Post a Comment