Friday, May 22, 2009

Family Medicine Residency of Idaho-Alumni & Friends Dinner

On Saturday May 16th, Curtis and I attended the FMRI Alumni & Friends Dinner (and fundraiser). The event was in the Double R Ranch Club room in the Stueckle Sky Center at BSU. We had the privilege of going to this event because I am on the Board of Directors for FMRI, where Dr. Perry Brown (my CF Doctor) works. Curtis was WAY excited about going to this event and see the AMAZING view of the football field & Boise area. He was also VERY excited to, hopefully, meet Coach Chris Petersen, who was a special guest at the event.

The evening started at 6 pm with a no-host reception (aka open bar...) and Chris Petersen mingling among the crowd talking. We used this time to take in the view of the valley and blue turf. (Wow, a football game from there would be tons of fun....but way expensive!!). We did get to say hello to Chris Petersen & shake his hand but sadly did not get a picture with him. I thought Curtis was going to pass-out on me when he talked to him....but he handled himself very well.

Dinner was DELICIOUS!!! We had a small salad, rolls, breaded trout, rice, a small steak and asparagus. Curtis even ate his fish...and he is NOT a seafood person. After dinner they recognized a few people and their contributions to FMRI over the past 30+ yrs, had one of the residents talk about their experience at FMRI, and then Dr. Ted Epperly (Program Director & CEO) talked about what FMRI is all about and what the future holds. I am really impressed with Dr. Epperly. He is so kind and caring and truly believes in helping others. Even with his busy schedule, he still times a few minutes each month to ask how I am doing and what he can do to help me. I remember being upset when my doctor moved his office to FMRI, but now I'm so glad! Dr. Epperly recruited Perry to oversee the education of the residents in pediatrics and also CF. The residents may still annoy me when I'm in the office, but because of this opportunity more Doctor's are learning about what Cystic Fibrosis is and how to treat it. (don't worry, I still tell the residents how to do their job and will only agree to any kind of treatment after we have talked with Perry about it) I also really appreciate Perry because he value's my opinion and he is really trying hard to do all he can to help fight CF.

Anyway, here are some pictures that we got of the evening....

View of the blue turf...AMAZING!!

I was very amused by the center piece. It's an FMRI water bottle with a rose in it. Sadly I didn't get the opportunity to take it home. However the dessert that you see was to die for!!

A view of the room and all the people standing around the bar.

The view of the valley from one side of the room

A view from another corner of the room

Dr. Rulon and I after the event was over.
I just have to say it again...I look HOT!!!

A self portrait of us outside the building

Since I don't look this good all the time,
I was having fun playing with the camera

My handsome husband!!!!

We go so well together! :o)

No comments: