Anyway, last Sunday we celebrated with my family. We had prime rib roast that was soooo yummy! For dessert I made an angel food cake (from a box....gotta love just adding water, mix and cook!) and we topped the cake with strawberries and cool whip. Mmmm, mmm good!!! (It reminded me of my birthdays when I was younger. Grandma Ward always made, from scratch, an angel food cake. She taught me how to make it and I've made a few of them myself....I just need to practice again.) Anyway, below are some pictures from my family get-together. I got my wish this day as well.....I blew all 28 candles out in one breath!!! (not so easy sometimes with lungs like mine).
My birthday (Tuesday) was a pretty good day. I watched the hail storm that we had and listened to the thunder. (Not my ideal weather for my birthday but the sun did come out and shine afterwards so it was ok). I got lots of birthday wishes from friends and family. I didn't have to work (yahoo!) and I ate lots of chocolate and cookies. Curtis didn't buy my present until after work, but he made up for it by making dinner for me. I wanted fettuccine alfredo and decided to make it easy for Curtis. So I bought the noodles and a jar of alfredo sauce and some french bread. Curtis was really good and cooked everything (including grilling some chicken to have with our meal too). It drove me crazy...I was so hungry and wanted to help cook dinner so that it would be done sooner, and Curtis wouldn't let me. He wouldn't even let me turn on the stove to start boiling the water for the noodles. However, dinner did get done and tasted really good, so I can't complain. And, it was made with lots of love! I love you Curtis!!!!
Doesn't this look so good!!
A cute picture of Brenda and I
2 comments:
Happy birthday Sara! The world is a better place because you are {still} in it! :)
Spencer would say "Sara bwowed it!" meaning you blew out the candles on your cake. Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment