Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

Yes, I know Valentine's Day was a week ago...I'm trying to catch up on all of the different things that I wanted to blog about. However, better late then never!

Valentine's Day is kinda fun for us because two days before is our 1/2 yr anniversary date. So we have now officially been married for 3 1/2 yrs as of Feb. 12th. Even though this is an important date for us, we don't usually do a whole lot, I think it's because my birthday is just over 2 weeks after that and Curtis feels that my birthday is special and should be celebrated more (I have no complaints...).

This year we both actually thought ahead and planned something for each other. Curtis made me "breakfast in bed". He got up early and made waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, bacon, toast, and orange juice. I didn't get up until he was done cooking. He was going to bring my breakfast to me in bed, but I decided it would be easier to just eat at the table. I loved breakfast because 1-I didn't have to cook it and 2-Curtis made it all by himself. (He does know how to cook, but it doesn't happen very often. When he does cook, I usually end up helping him and telling him how to do some part of it. So I was very impressed that he did it all w/out my help.) I knew that Curtis had called the day before and ordered something but had no idea what it would be. While I was doing my morning smoke (aka treatments) he left to go and pick it up. I was surprised when he came back with roses. (I can still count on one hand the number of times that he has bought flowers for me....however the next time I'll have to start using two hands, unless I count w/sign language-hee,hee,hee) When Curtis came in the house he had gone straight into the bedroom and then came out looking sad. Apparently he had also bought a teddy bear to go with the flowers and realized when he got home that it was the same bear that he had bought for me last time. He told me all of this before I got to see the bear, so I went in the bedroom to look. Sure enough, the bear that he had just bought was the twin to the last bear that he got for me...but with slight differences in the color of the fur. Usually when Curtis buys flowers for me he goes to Flowerama. (The owners of the store (Courtright's) were in my ward in High School and she was one of my Young Women Leaders. They are also the ones that did the flowers for our wedding.) Anyway, they had teddy bears and other cute things that you could buy and so that is how he ended up buying the twin bear. He knew that I would like it and remembered why when he got home.

Aren't they beautiful! A week later they are still alive!


I decided to take Curtis to the BSU men's basketball game that was on Valentine's day. Several months ago we were considering getting the pick 6 plan, but we never got around to picking 6 home games that would work for our schedule so we never did it. I had remembered that one of the games was going to be on Valentines day(BSU vs Utah State), so I thought we should go. (Curtis hasn't been to a bball game all year and really misses it. Of course he likes the football games slightly more, and I prefer the basketball games...it all goes back to my balance & dizziness problems over a year ago). I tried my best to surprise him with going to the game. I kept telling him that I had plans for us on Valentine's night so he was not to plan anything. For a while I had him going that we were going to get away to a hotel for the night just for some much needed time together with no family around. (My sister lives with us, it's great to have her here, but you never know when she's going to have friends over...). A few days before, he had asked if we were going to the game, but I didn't ever give a yes/no answer. On Friday after Curtis got home from work he said that he couldn't take it any more....he wanted to know what we were doing and how he needed to plan his day. I tried to make him wait, but I couldn't stand the begging anymore....so I gave him the card and tickets. You should have the look on his face when he realized that we were going to the game, he was like a kid in a candy store.
We went out to dinner at Carino's and for the first time in several months, I ate just as much as Curtis did. Then off to the game we went. It was lots of fun. We sat in the student section (it's nice to still have a family member still going to BSU, thanks Sam!) During the first half we were wondering if BSU would ever get ahead, then right before half-time they got a 3 point basket and went ahead for the first time all game. The second half was great! BSU at one point was ahead 12 points. The game ended 66 BSU 56 Utah St. The best thing about the game was that we killed Utah State's 19 game winning streak (the longest in the nation). Go Broncos!!! Here are some pictures from the game that were on the Bronco Athletics website.

notice the finger caught in the net...

No comments: