Thursday, April 22, 2010

29th Birthday

I turned 29 this year….holy cow, I really don’t feel like I’m that old! Part of me still thinks of myself as being only 20, but on the days that I really don’t feel good, I feel much older than my 29 yrs. Anyway, after all that I have been through this year I was not really looking forward to my birthday. I was afraid to plan anything fun and exciting because there was a chance that those would change. Despite all of that, I had family and friends who were determined that I would have a good birthday anyway.

The festivities started off a week before my birthday when we had dinner with my family. Since I was in the hospital during my sister Sam’s birthday, we ended up celebrating her birthday with the family late….and since we had to reschedule (again because of my health) we decided that we would just celebrate our birthdays together. We had my whole family over, along with my Grandma and Grandpa Ward. It was fun to visit with my family and enjoy each other’s company.

The day before my birthday, my neighbor threw a party for me at her house and invited some other ladies in the ward. One of them cooked an Angel Food cake, and they lit candles and sang to me. I even had presents….lotions, a book, and lots of chocolate! It was so nice to get out of the house and to visit with some wonderful and dear friends. (pictures below...)

On my birthday I went to work for the last time to turn in all of my paperwork. I was sad to be leaving, but I know that it is the right thing to do. Since my birthday was on Wednesday and Curtis has scouts/mutual that night and I’ve been so sick, we didn’t plan anything. Curtis did surprise me with a dozen roses when he came home from work. They were beautiful!!! I then went to a YW program in Kuna, where my sister Brenda was getting recognized for earning her YW Recognition award. (It was really cute, they had interviewed all of the girls and asked them what their favorite project was and how that helped them to draw closer to Christ and the Temple. Brenda was so excited to talk about the blanket that “her sister Sara helped her learn how to make.” I’m glad that she really liked that project, it was fun to do with her.) After the mutual activities for the evening, we spend some time with Curtis’ family to celebrate my birthday by visiting and opening presents. Curtis and I celebrated my birthday on the weekend by going out to dinner at Johnny Carino’s. Even though I wasn’t excited about my birthday this year (like I am most years) it did end up turning out pretty good. :o)

I hope that 29 is a fun and healthy year!!!!






(on a side note: I did take my oxygen off to blow out my candles. When I feel better I do want to try and blow out 29 candles instead of just 2.)

1 comment:

RxMommy said...

I'll buy 29 candles just to watch you blow them out with no oxygen!!