Last weekend we had a fun visit from my cousin Caleb and his wife Audra and their kids. They live in Northern Idaho (Craigmont) and were coming down to attend the Temple and needed a place to stay and someone to watch the kids. I was excited about their visit because Curtis was camping with the scouts, so this meant that I didn't have to be home alone for the night. On Saturday, Caleb, Audra and I went to the Temple. My Mom and sisters watched Jewel (2 1/2 yrs old) and Gideon (7 months old). I'm so glad that I was able to attend a Temple session with Caleb & Audra. It made me realize that I don't go to the Temple nearly as much as I should. I live about 15 min. away from the Boise Temple and they live about 5-6 hrs away. I'm very grateful for the example they are to me about the importance of Temple attendance.
Just like most trips with Caleb's family down here in the Treasure Valley there were errands to run for his parents. Caleb brought stuff down for Grandma and Grandpa Ward and a few other family friends that live here. They also needed to get some stuff from other friends down here and bring it back with them. Because of this, they ended up staying Saturday night too. It was a lot of fun. Jewel has lots of energy and entertained us a lot. We borrowed some toys from Curtis' parents for Jewel to play with (no kids at our house=no toys either....). Thanks Chuck and Judie for letting us borrow the toys, they were well used!! Parley also made it over to our house to visit with Caleb, so it was fun to see him too. All in all it was a good weekend filled with lots of fun with familly!

Jewel wanted to put my coat on and go outside.
My coat is just as big as her, but she sure looks cute in it!!

Parley and Caleb chatting

Jewel loved Curtis' hats!

Gideon has the cutest smile, but every time I tried to take a picture it went away.

She LOVED playing with the Jack-in-the-box. She figured it out pretty fast and it still usually made her jump. Every once in a while she would stop and give Jack a hug, and then put him back in the box and started the music again.

Gideon loved the slinky....and loved jumping.
It was a great work out for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment