Since the conference edition of the Ensign has come out I've been enjoying rereading the talks that were given at conference. I haven't felt good the last few weeks and when I start to get really bad I start feeling down and a little depressed. So to combat my down feelings, I've been trying to do more to have the Spirit with me, have more faith, and try to think positively (kinda hard when you really don't feel good). The other day as I was reading the talk given by Elder Holland entitled "The Ministry of Angels" I was overcome. In fact, I was crying so much that I couldn't read it...so I did the next best thing, I listened to it on the Internet so that I could still cry my eyes out. I loved how he talked about how there are angels still among us, even in a time when the world seems so "dark and dreary." Angels are still sent to help us as they have been throughout the ages. He reminded us that we should be filled with faith and that the Lord will always be there for us. Then he went on to talk about how "not all angels are from the other side of the veil, some of them we walk with and talk with-here, now, every day"! I was once again reminded that I have so many angels in my life that help me every day. One of those angels is my husband. (I do have other angels that are worth mentioning, but I'll save that for another day)
My Angel Husband
I love Curtis SOOOO MUCH! He loves me for who I am as a person. I love the way he tries so hard to provide for me and our family. He wants me to be healthy and have the best medical care that I can get. He makes me laugh when I'm sad or depressed, to help me to feel better because he knows that Laughter is the BEST Medicine! He stays awake with me for 2 hrs in the middle of the night when I'm coughing and am having a hard time breathing (and then goes to work all day while I stay home and sleep...) He feeds me lunch in a hospital bed when I have to be flat on my back. He holds the bucket when I am throwing-up (That is true love right there!!). He prays with me, reads scriptures with me everyday, and makes sure that we have Family Home Evening every week. He honors his priesthood. He makes me want to be a better person. He values my input, my opinions, and my ideas. He listens to me when I need someone to talk to. He helps with ALL the household chores and does the outside ones as well (usually without my help). He supports me in what ever it is that I want to do. He will watch a Disney movie or a chick flick instead of some sporting event because he knows that's what I like and want to do. (Don't worry, I watch sports with him too...) There are so many other reasons why I love Curtis and why he is my angel. But the number one reason is: Curtis is my Best Friend to whom I'm married to for Time and ALL Eternity! I love you Curtis!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to agree that my little brother has such a good heart. Besides being a little messy and disorganized and having a knack for losing things he is really a great person. I am glad he found you Sara.
Post a Comment